Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

atrigo

Sum KPI values when removing attributes from a table visual using slicer selection

Hi all,

I have the following table created using a slicer selection that allows me to add or remove columns. 

The approach used is described here:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Dynamically-add-or-remove-columns-from-table-visual-using-s...

atrigo_1-1629357450809.png

However, The Sales values are not summed up when I remove Country and leave only Region. See the result below:

atrigo_2-1629357480574.png

As report user, I would expect to have only 1 row for each region and the total sales for that region. Is that possible?

Thank you very much in advance for your support!!

Best regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@atrigo , You still have the index column, that is unique for each row.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
atrigo

Thanks a lot @amitchandak and @v-yetao1-msft . I will keep investigating for an alternative solution to attend the requirement to add or remove columns dynamically, with an automatic aggregation of values.

Best regards

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @atrigo 

Since your index is a unique value, there is no way to achieve only one row for each area you said.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@atrigo , You still have the index column, that is unique for each row.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.