Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

RafaelAri
Helper I
Helper I

Split measures table

I have a measures table, with lots of measures.
In principle, there are 3 subjects in the table, so I would like to split it to 3 different tables.
Is it possible, after creating the tables, to copy measures from the original table to the new ones?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Uzi2019
Super User
Super User

Hi @RafaelAri 
can you share the data with example like input and expected output?

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

View solution in original post

johnyip
Super User
Super User

@RafaelAri, I think relocating the existing measures to the new measure tables is what you are looking for.
You can do that as follows:

johnyip_0-1699509500038.png

Or alternatively, you can assign a display folder on the measures. This will also help in grouping different measures in different directories, serving the same purpose of measure table.

johnyip_1-1699509601659.png

If, however, what you want to do is really creating copies of measures to the new measure table, you should only be able to achieve that by creating new measures that have the exact definition of the original measures.

And reading from your words, I would recommend you to use "display folder" in the one measure table you already have. This allows you to group different measures under diferent fodlers under the same measure table, which should be clear enough for your working.

Please mark my post as the solution if this answers your question!
Appreciate your Kudos !!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
johnyip
Super User
Super User

@RafaelAri, I think relocating the existing measures to the new measure tables is what you are looking for.
You can do that as follows:

johnyip_0-1699509500038.png

Or alternatively, you can assign a display folder on the measures. This will also help in grouping different measures in different directories, serving the same purpose of measure table.

johnyip_1-1699509601659.png

If, however, what you want to do is really creating copies of measures to the new measure table, you should only be able to achieve that by creating new measures that have the exact definition of the original measures.

And reading from your words, I would recommend you to use "display folder" in the one measure table you already have. This allows you to group different measures under diferent fodlers under the same measure table, which should be clear enough for your working.

Please mark my post as the solution if this answers your question!
Appreciate your Kudos !!

Thanks ✔️ got it

Uzi2019
Super User
Super User

Hi @RafaelAri 
can you share the data with example like input and expected output?

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.