Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

GBM

Slicer shows not all values when style is between

Hi,

I have a table with date and amount columns. When I use a table viz I can see all records. When I add the date as a slicer and choose "between" as style I can see only a part of the date's and not all. When I change the style of the date slicer to dropdown then I can see all date's.

The format of the date column is "dd/mm/yyyy" 

There are amount data for all dates

All dates are shown when I use table as a viz

All dates are shown when I use "dropdown" as style in slicer

Part of dates are shown when I use "between" as stye in slicer

PBI Desktop Version: 2.126.1261.0 64-bit (February 2024)

Screenshot below:

First viz table view

Second viz slicer view with dropdown as style

Third view slicer view with between as style

As you can see the last day 25/04/2024 but slicer with between style shows only until 16/03/2024. Start date is correct.

Screenshot 2024-04-25 120027.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GBM

Solved. It's because the interaction of the slicer. Somehow, when you select "between" the interaction is disabled. to enable it go to: Power BI Desktop app > Format > Edit Interactions

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
GBM

Solved. It's because the interaction of the slicer. Somehow, when you select "between" the interaction is disabled. to enable it go to: Power BI Desktop app > Format > Edit Interactions

v-huijiey-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @GBM ,

Thanks for the reply from @Uzi2019 , please allow me to provide another insight:

This may be a small bug, I can not reproduce your problem.

I noticed that your PBI Desktop Version is 2.126.1261.0 64-bit (February 2024).

Can you try updating to the latest version to see if it solves your problem?

I can also imagine a possible reason: can you check if your "between" Slicer is affected by the Filter?

If none of these solve your problem, please provide the pbix file to help you further, and remember not to log into your account when uploading the pbix file in Power BI Desktop.

If you have any further questions please feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,
Yang
Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

Uzi2019
Super User
Super User

Hi @GBM 
Can you confirm your date column data type is Date or something else?

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

It is date. Otherwise the between wouldn't work/show as an option. Checked again, and yes, as I menitoned in my post, it is date.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.