Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Jkh30
Frequent Visitor

Slicer (new) Visual Bug/Disabled Feature?

Hello,

When I designing my report and try the new visual Slicer (new) I found in the 'Callout Values' customization option there is 'Background' option that always greyed-out or disabled, I can't find a way to make it enabled to customize this thing and it would be nice if it can be used.

Anyone have encountered same issue?

Jkh30_0-1715959041263.png

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AdamGSmith
Frequent Visitor

I've also come across this issue. Previously I solved this problem with the chiclet slicer but after some playing around I found the solution for the new slicer visual: 

• Edit font colour in call out values

AdamGSmith_0-1716219420058.png

• Edit the box background colours in Buttons:

AdamGSmith_1-1716219478989.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AdamGSmith
Frequent Visitor

I've also come across this issue. Previously I solved this problem with the chiclet slicer but after some playing around I found the solution for the new slicer visual: 

• Edit font colour in call out values

AdamGSmith_0-1716219420058.png

• Edit the box background colours in Buttons:

AdamGSmith_1-1716219478989.png

Hi @AdamGSmith ,

You are absolutely right. I found this way yesterday but don't have any chance to update it here. Still if the PBI developer disabled it in callout values option since we can do it on the button by design, I think its better to take out the background option from callout value options so it will not be redundant or confusing the users @v-linyulu-msft .

I mark this as solutions.

HI,@Jkh30 
Thank you for your feedback and thoughts. We received the following feedback from the product team:
This is a behavior added by design that enables the background color of the annotated value only when there is an image background, so that the user can enable the color contrast between the annotated value and the image background. However, we have decided to remove this logic, and starting with the July 2024 desktop release, this behavior may change.
Let's look forward to new changes together!

v-linyulu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,@Jkh30 

Thanks for letting us know your user experience. According to your case description, I do understand how frustrated you are now.

1.First of all you are right, in my testing, the BACKGROUND button he is also grayed out by default.

vlinyulumsft_0-1716182859624.png

I've also done a lot of digging around and haven't found a solution for the on button yet.

It could be that a new slicer is in development, we will report this issue internally and let you know as soon as possible if we hear anything about it.

2.But we have alternatives on our side:You can choose slicer as an alternative and what you need to change the background color is also in the location below:

Here's changing the color of the top of the font.

vlinyulumsft_1-1716182972637.png

Here is changing the slicer selectable box fill color.

vlinyulumsft_2-1716182972638.png

Here is changing the background color of the slicer as a whole.

vlinyulumsft_3-1716183004225.png

Here is changing the background color of the icon in the upper right corner of the slicer.

vlinyulumsft_4-1716183004226.png

Here is the final result, you can change it according to your needs.

vlinyulumsft_5-1716183049083.png

3.Below is the relevant documentation, which we hope you will find helpful.

Slicers in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Customize visualization titles, backgrounds, and more in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Leroy Lu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.