Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Bullet_Train95
Frequent Visitor

Slicer Table connected to 2 separate data tables not working

My data model consists of 2 data tables that have 2 identicle columns to identify row values based on COMPANY and INDUSTRY

I've create a slicer/filter table that joins the unique combinations of these 2 columns between the 2 data tables 

Programme and Company Slicer = UNION( SUMMARIZE( 'Materials Data' , [Industry] , [Company]  ), SUMMARIZE( 'Social Index Data' , [Industry] , [Company] ))  

Industry Company
ACompany T
ACompany F
ACompany G
ACompany C
ACompany G
BCompany A
BCompany T
CCompany A
DCompany I
DCompany D
DCompany E
DCompany F
ECompany A
FCompany F

There is sometimes some overlap as these Companies may offer products/services for different formal industries/sectors.

When I've connected this Slicer Table to the 2 Data Tables, I've run into some issues. Not sure which relationship is right - I've chosen Many-to-Many and this works for one of the columns when I use the slicer, but not the other. 

Please provide guidance on how to create a slicer that works with a tab. Slicer should have the Hierarchy INDUSTRY -> COMPANY

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Bullet_Train95 , If needed create separate Industry and company, But join should be 1-M . or create a concatenated column for join

key =  [Industry]&"-" &[company]

https://amitchandak.medium.com/power-bi-when-i-asked-you-to-create-common-tables-a-quick-dax-solutio...

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Bullet_Train95 , If needed create separate Industry and company, But join should be 1-M . or create a concatenated column for join

key =  [Industry]&"-" &[company]

https://amitchandak.medium.com/power-bi-when-i-asked-you-to-create-common-tables-a-quick-dax-solutio...

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.