Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

leilei787
Helper II
Helper II

Single dataset with multiple RLS or have to be multiple dataset?

Hi All:

We currently have an APP published on PBI that contains one dataset. There is a report that link to this dataset. We put a RLS in the dataset so that our sales region owner can only see their region, not whole USA.

Now we want to create another report that shows everything in the USA without RLS.

Question: 

1) can a single dataset setup with multiple RLS? my gut tells me No....but i want to double check.

2) If the answer the No above, can i create a subset of the dataset ( which has RLS). Is the subset going to inherit the same RLS from the main dataset?

3) if the subset idea does not work....should i just setup a 2nd main dataset to feed the new report that without RLS?

appreciate all your comments!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @leilei787 ,

To my knowledge, we could configure multiple RLS in a single dataset, you could add different people or groups to the roles.

Eyelyn9_0-1645420644788.png

Here is a blog talking about how you can implement a dynamic row-level security with a manager level access.

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @leilei787 ,

To my knowledge, we could configure multiple RLS in a single dataset, you could add different people or groups to the roles.

Eyelyn9_0-1645420644788.png

Here is a blog talking about how you can implement a dynamic row-level security with a manager level access.

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.