Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Varan_15
Helper II
Helper II

Single Customer ID have mutiple values - show in Column level

Dear Team,

i'm new to this BI group kindly suggest this issue.

i have single customer ID contains mutiple clients hence i would show in each customer ID ->clients details as in Column level view.

example: source data

Source.PNG

Expected Result :

Expected Result.PNG

please suggest.

Thanks,

Varan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
danextian
Super User
Super User

Hi @Varan_15 ,

This is the  closest I cant get to what you are trying to achieve.

danextian_0-1666009827114.png

Please see attached PBIX for reference

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu or follow my page on Facebook @DAXJutsuPBI.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @Varan_15 

Here are the steps you can refer to :

(1)This is my test data :

vyueyunzhmsft_0-1666058755895.png

(2)We can enter the M language in "Advanced Editor" in Power Query Editor:

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("i45WMjIxMTUzUNJRcvRzUXD2BzEMDAyNwCJOzi5AytBUKVYHp0JDICMiMgqkzhKfOiMgIyoKpM4YyTxDqLoQ1+AQqEoDkN7IyEggCXRFbCwA", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type nullable text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [#"Account ID" = _t, #"Account Name" = _t, #"Client ID" = _t, #"Client Name" = _t, Value = _t]),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"Account ID", Int64.Type}, {"Account Name", type text}, {"Client ID", type text}, {"Client Name", type text}, {"Value", Int64.Type}}),
    test = Table.UnpivotOtherColumns(#"Changed Type", {"Account ID", "Account Name"}, "Attribute", "Value.1"),
    Custom1 = Table.Group(test,{"Account ID","Account Name"} , {"test",(x)=>Table.PromoteHeaders(Table.Transpose(Table.SelectColumns(x,{"Attribute","Value.1"})) ,[PromoteAllScalars=true])     }),
    #"Expanded test" = Table.ExpandTableColumn(Custom1, "test", {"Client ID", "Client Name", "Value", "Client ID_1", "Client Name_2", "Value_3", "Client ID_4", "Client Name_5", "Value_6"}, {"Client ID", "Client Name", "Value", "Client ID_1", "Client Name_2", "Value_3", "Client ID_4", "Client Name_5", "Value_6"})
in
    #"Expanded test"

(3)Then we can meet your need , the result is ass follows:

vyueyunzhmsft_1-1666058843659.png

If this method does not meet your needs, you can provide us with your special sample data and the desired output sample data in the form of tables, so that we can better help you solve the problem.

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

danextian
Super User
Super User

Hi @Varan_15 ,

This is the  closest I cant get to what you are trying to achieve.

danextian_0-1666009827114.png

Please see attached PBIX for reference

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu or follow my page on Facebook @DAXJutsuPBI.

Hi @danextian ,

It's working as expected thanks for your effort.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.