Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

NewbiePBI
Frequent Visitor

Creating calculated rows and columns in data table

Hi,

I have two basic questions about add formulas in the data table in Power BI. I would like to create new calculated columns and rows in Power Query instead of the visuals itself. Please also share your opinions if doing so in the Power BI visuals(Measures) would be better.

• I want to create a new column(Status) in my data table which calculates the status of a particular task based on the entries of the columns(A to E in the example below from excel)

NewbiePBI_0-1666065783805.png

• I would also like to create a another row(Final) at the end of the table which will take the column as the input to check the status per column

NewbiePBI_2-1666066419699.png

Thanks in advance for any help. I am new to Power BI and figuring out the basics by taking a few examples.

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@NewbiePBI , what is the logic for these the row and the column, List operations can help

Power Query list functions : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiLTUC1RCbU&list=PLPaNVDMhUXGbkShvXwEedw-cH3QBYhwvO&index=1

Hi @amitchandak,

I have included the formulas for Status and Final in the snapshot. It is basically checking if all the entries for columns A to E contain "Done", if yes, display Done or Pending.

Similarly for Final Row, I am doing the same for all the column entries. Does that make the question clear?

NewbiePBI_0-1666069109693.png

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.