Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anderrated
Regular Visitor

Show table values if they are only present in another table

I am struggling to solve this issue, my dashboard is the following

Both table A and table B are linked to "Date" which is a calendar that is filtered with a Slicer:

Date: a calendar ranging from min TableB to max TableB.

When I put my slicer to 01/01/2023 to 6/6/2023 for example, my table A and B look like this

TableA

LotStarted UnitsDate
A1001/1/2023
B2002/2/2023
C3003/3/2023
D4004/4/2023
E5005/5/2023
F6006/6/2023

Table B

LotFinished UnitsDate
A1002/1/2023
B2002/2/2023
C3003/2/2023

Basically I want a third table, TableC, that will show:

LotStarted UnitsDate
A1001/1/2023
B2002/2/2023
C3003/3/2023

So basically it's a TableC = TableA but only showing the Lot rows present in TableB. It needs to change when I change my slicer.

Captura.PNG

I have tried to do this by applying a filtering on TableA by lot value of TableB but it's not working. What i am missing? As seen in the picture, TableC should show the same as TableA, minus row 230071. Thanks! 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
darkinvader_
Frequent Visitor

Hi @Anderrated ,

I don't know whether you've access to make edit in Power Query. But if you have you can merge this two tables as new on "Lot" column. And it will give you your required C table, then you can connect this C table with Calendar table. I'm assuming that "Lot" column is unique (key).

Regards
Dark Invader

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
darkinvader_
Frequent Visitor

Hi @Anderrated ,

I don't know whether you've access to make edit in Power Query. But if you have you can merge this two tables as new on "Lot" column. And it will give you your required C table, then you can connect this C table with Calendar table. I'm assuming that "Lot" column is unique (key).

Regards
Dark Invader

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.