Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

jovendeluna21
Helper III
Helper III

Show only Relevant Values in a Dynamic Matrix(Hierarchies) when measure is formatted

Hello,

I have this dynamic matrix with dynamic rows. But the problem is when I try to format the measure into currency or percentage, it starts to show not relevant fields.

Attached herewith the pbi file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1q7_YFhi5GCXBxT-aON6hTKqOGcHAxE8V/view?usp=sharing

Below is the example of without using any format to measure and it shows only relevant fields without blanks.

ss1.PNG

Below is the example of when I tried to format the measure, showing also not relevant fields or values.

ss.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @jovendeluna21 ,

The issue is that when you add the formatting the value returns a text so it's not blank anymore but has a value of empty. 

Change you measure to check if the measure is different from blank:

Measure = 
SWITCH(
    TRUE(),
    [USER SELECTION]="AVE PAYMENT TERM-EX247A DAYS (last N months)",[AVE PAYMENT TERM-EX247A DAYS (last N months)],
    [USER SELECTION]="AVE PAYMENT TERM-DAYS (last N months)",[AVE PAYMENT TERM-DAYS (last N months)],
    [USER SELECTION]="Spend (last N-months)"&& [Spend (last N-months)] <> BLANK() ,FORMAT([Spend (last N-months)], "cURRENCY"),
    BLANK())

MFelix_0-1648817332822.png

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @jovendeluna21 ,

The issue is that when you add the formatting the value returns a text so it's not blank anymore but has a value of empty. 

Change you measure to check if the measure is different from blank:

Measure = 
SWITCH(
    TRUE(),
    [USER SELECTION]="AVE PAYMENT TERM-EX247A DAYS (last N months)",[AVE PAYMENT TERM-EX247A DAYS (last N months)],
    [USER SELECTION]="AVE PAYMENT TERM-DAYS (last N months)",[AVE PAYMENT TERM-DAYS (last N months)],
    [USER SELECTION]="Spend (last N-months)"&& [Spend (last N-months)] <> BLANK() ,FORMAT([Spend (last N-months)], "cURRENCY"),
    BLANK())

MFelix_0-1648817332822.png

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Thank you @MFelix !!! This is very helpful!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.