Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

sjhand
Frequent Visitor

Show multiple values of an attribute in one "cell" in a matrix or table visual

Hi there,

My dataset contains Line Numbers and its various attributes. Line Numbers can repeat, albeit with different values for attributes.

I have generated a list of unique line numbers and now want to look up the attribute values in one "cell". Currently the Line Number repeats in the visual when there is more than one value in a subsequent attribute.

Example:

PowerBI shows Line Number 951-992-7510 twice because it found two statuses for it (first screenshot). I want to show both statuses in one cell (see the second screenshot).

Screenshot 2022-11-22 170136.jpg

Screenshot 2022-11-22 170216.jpg

Is this possible in a matrix or a table? If so, how can I make it happen?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @sjhand 

According to your description, you want to "Show multiple values of an attribute in one "cell" in a matrix or table visual".

Here are the steps you can refer to :

(1)This is my test data:

vyueyunzhmsft_0-1669166910102.png

(2)We can create a measure:

Measure = CONCATENATEX(DISTINCT('Table'[Line Status]) , [Line Status] ,",")

(3)Then we can put the measure and the  [Line Number] on the visual and we will meet your need:

vyueyunzhmsft_1-1669167012275.png

Thank you for your time and sharing, and thank you for your support and understanding of PowerBI! 

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @sjhand 

According to your description, you want to "Show multiple values of an attribute in one "cell" in a matrix or table visual".

Here are the steps you can refer to :

(1)This is my test data:

vyueyunzhmsft_0-1669166910102.png

(2)We can create a measure:

Measure = CONCATENATEX(DISTINCT('Table'[Line Status]) , [Line Status] ,",")

(3)Then we can put the measure and the  [Line Number] on the visual and we will meet your need:

vyueyunzhmsft_1-1669167012275.png

Thank you for your time and sharing, and thank you for your support and understanding of PowerBI! 

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Thank you. This was exactly what I needed to resolve my original question.

I had another follow up. Right now with this function, if 'Active' repeats twice for a Line Number it only shows up once in the result. Is it somehow possible for me to show each value as many times as it repeats for each Line Number?

vicky_
Super User
Super User

I think you can create a measure using the CONCATENATEX() function, and use that instead of the Line Status in your matrix / table. 
The first example here looks quite similar to what you want: https://dax.guide/concatenatex/

sjhand
Frequent Visitor

Thank you @vicky_ I had to use this function to get my result.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.