Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

guyatisk
Helper I
Helper I

Sharepoint person column with no fields?

I want to be able to access the person name and email for this SharePoint column and usually I can expand the columns, however in this case I keep getting "No Columns Found".  Does anyone know why this would be happening? Thanks

UPDATE: This definitely has something to do with the person field able to be multiselected.  I changed the column to not allow multiselection and it works.  Now I just need to figure out how to get the email(s) from the multiselect person field and delimit by semi-colon

guyatisk_0-1700055893471.png

And other "person" fields like Author, Editor are RECORDS, not a Table.  Why would there be a difference?'

guyatisk_0-1700064158876.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xinruzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @guyatisk 

Question 1:

After testing, it may affected by the data source connection, did you choose the 'SharePoint list' connection? If you choose this connection, when your emial is the  multiselect person, it cannot support, you can change the connection to 'SharePoint online list'

vxinruzhumsft_1-1700187994864.png

It support the multi choice and can return the related value.

Question 2

The user email you seleced is from another table in the sharepoint list, so it will return the data type, and the Editor column is existed in the current table, so it will return record.

Best Regards!

Yolo Zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-xinruzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @guyatisk 

Question 1:

After testing, it may affected by the data source connection, did you choose the 'SharePoint list' connection? If you choose this connection, when your emial is the  multiselect person, it cannot support, you can change the connection to 'SharePoint online list'

vxinruzhumsft_1-1700187994864.png

It support the multi choice and can return the related value.

Question 2

The user email you seleced is from another table in the sharepoint list, so it will return the data type, and the Editor column is existed in the current table, so it will return record.

Best Regards!

Yolo Zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.