Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Share your thoughts on visual calculations (preview)

Hit "Reply" and let us know what you think of visual calculations! To learn more about this feature, please visit the blog post or our documentation.

Here are some areas that we'd like to hear about in particular:

• errors / issues you are experiencing
  • functionality that is missing / does not work as you expected that is not listed as limitations in our documentation.
  • suggestions on governance capabilities
  • sorting behavior of visual and visual matrix

Thanks and we look forward to hearing your feedback!

135 REPLIES 135

Hi there

sorry my fault. An error in the formula. It is weird the error didn't show up with previous PBI desktop (Jan 31, 2024 version)

ok, thanks for letting me know!

You can't apply conditional formatting on visual calculations.
You can't set data categories on visual calculations.
You can't change aggregations on visual calculations.
You can't change the sort order for visual calculations.
Power BI Embedded isn't supported for reports that use visual calculations or hidden fields.
Live connections to SQL Server Analysis Services aren't supported.
You can't use conditional formatting on visual calculations.

conditional formatting mentioned twice?

oh oops, thanks for letting me know!

Frankie_Vannini
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi there, Ii don't know if this is related to the new version or to visual calculation but I

Ciclet Slicer Desktop.png

Ciclet Slicer Web.png

have a couple of strange behaviours that i didn't have in the previous versions. The first concerns the use of the Ciclet Slicer version 2.1.10. As you can see, in the desktop version the text is visible, in the web version the text disappears completely or partially. This did not happen with all versions prior to this Version: 2.126.927.0 64-bit (February 2024)

this is not related to visual calculations, I suggest opening an issue separately for this to get help.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

I think you may want to mention that in order to test this people would need to know to download the new Desktop version that was posted on friday, and that they need to enable it in the preview features section of the options and settings, and then restart Power BI Desktop.  Of course it would be much nicer if the release would have been timed with the blog post!

agreed!

Idrissshatila
Super User
Super User

Hello @jeroenterheerdt ,

I saw people asking about value formatting.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos
Follow me on LinkedIn linkedIn
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea

Proud to be a Super User!

thanks, that is on the list of limitations which will be published in the docs (Tuesday)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.