Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ero1
Frequent Visitor

Shapes, images & slicers not reaching top of page

I'm trying to have my shapes, images and slicers reach top of page, but am unable to find a solution. I followed instructions suggested in this forum by going to settings options, current file, report settings and disabling "Use of modern header...". Can someone please tell me what to do. Screenshot 2024-04-21 121150.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @ero1 ,

Padding means inner margin.

I am glad to hear that your problem has been solved. Maybe it was a small bug. I have never encountered this problem.

Maybe you can check if your version of Power BI Desktop is up to date?

Anyway, I am glad to hear you said the problem is solved.

If you have any further questions please feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,
Yang
Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ero1
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your reply, I don't know how, but the problem fixed itself. This came about when I opened and closed power bi a couple of times. I already had tried setting above my slicers, shapes & images padding to zero. Is there a bug perhaps?

Hi @ero1 ,

Padding means inner margin.

I am glad to hear that your problem has been solved. Maybe it was a small bug. I have never encountered this problem.

Maybe you can check if your version of Power BI Desktop is up to date?

Anyway, I am glad to hear you said the problem is solved.

Best Regards,
Yang
Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I checked and have the latest update and eveerything is working fine.

v-huijiey-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ero1 ,

In the latest version of Power BI Desktop, select the visual object and set the Padding above it to 0.

vhuijieymsft_0-1713755189026.png

In Power BI Service, select the visual object and set the Padding above it to 0.

vhuijieymsft_1-1713755189042.png

These visuals now stick to the top of the page.

Best Regards,
Yang
Community Support Team

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.