Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Rose__123
Helper II
Helper II

Set up flow that converts Power BI table to an Excel sheet and send as attached file in email

Hi 

I have a Power BI table, which I would like to send in an updated version as an excel file to an email every month. I have only found a way to update an already existing excel file. 

How can I do this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

The best way to do this is to publish your Power BI report/dataset, set up scheduled refresh, make a simple Paginated Report with the table/data of interest, and then subscribe to that report at the desired frequency.  You can then have a flow that triggers off receipt of that email, and sends a new email with the Excel file attached.

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

The best way to do this is to publish your Power BI report/dataset, set up scheduled refresh, make a simple Paginated Report with the table/data of interest, and then subscribe to that report at the desired frequency.  You can then have a flow that triggers off receipt of that email, and sends a new email with the Excel file attached.

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

@mahoneypat  thank you for the reply! Is it possible to implement Row Level Security from the Power BI report into the Paginated Report? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.