Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

luvagoldenk9
Helper II
Helper II

Set Default in Combo Box Based on RLS View

Hello,

I have a combobox filter in Power BI that contains a list of employee names for the user to select from:

luvagoldenk9_2-1680195022774.png

The Power BI is controlled by row-level security with 2 views:

• View 1 is able to see all employees with Name A selected first
  • View 2 is used by a Team Lead to see only their specific team's names

Name B and Name D are on Team Red. When the Team Lead for the Red team views the name list, Name B and Name D are displayed but also Name A is shown as it has the selected dot filled in.

Is there a way, based on the view, to default the selected dot to the first name on the list? So the Red Team Lead would see only Name B and Name D and Name B would have the selected dot filled in.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

That is not something you can do in Power BI at the moment. If this is important to you please consider voting for an existing idea or raising a new one at https://ideas.powerbi.com

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
luvagoldenk9
Helper II
Helper II

@lbendlin I did not think it was possible but thought I'd inquire here. Will raise an idea on the Ideas site. Thank you for your time and input.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

That is not something you can do in Power BI at the moment. If this is important to you please consider voting for an existing idea or raising a new one at https://ideas.powerbi.com

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.