Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Swamy3105
Helper IV
Helper IV

Sequence number

Hi Experts,

I want to get the sequence number for the partcel ref as below:

seq_no.JPG

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Swamy3105 , First of all you need add an index column in power query and then try this new column in dax :https://stackoverflow.com/questions/45715963/creating-an-index-column-for-power-bi

Seq_no = countx(filter(Table,[Parcel_ref] =earlier([Parcel_ref]) && [index] <=earlier([index])), [Parcel_ref])

View solution in original post

Sumanth_23
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

hi @Swamy3105 , in addition to solution provided by @amitchandak  - if the "Parcel_Ref" is not a unique field then you may have to create a "Key" column and add a seq_no column based on the key column 

Seq_no = countx(filter('OrderDetails',[Key] =earlier([Key]) && [Index] <=earlier([Index])), [Key])

Sequence Number.jpg

Please mark the post as a solution if my comment helped with solving your issue. Thanks! 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Sumanth_23
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

hi @Swamy3105 , in addition to solution provided by @amitchandak  - if the "Parcel_Ref" is not a unique field then you may have to create a "Key" column and add a seq_no column based on the key column 

Seq_no = countx(filter('OrderDetails',[Key] =earlier([Key]) && [Index] <=earlier([Index])), [Key])

Sequence Number.jpg

Please mark the post as a solution if my comment helped with solving your issue. Thanks! 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!

Proud to be a Super User!

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Swamy3105 , First of all you need add an index column in power query and then try this new column in dax :https://stackoverflow.com/questions/45715963/creating-an-index-column-for-power-bi

Seq_no = countx(filter(Table,[Parcel_ref] =earlier([Parcel_ref]) && [index] <=earlier([index])), [Parcel_ref])

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.