Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Rebender
Frequent Visitor

Separate distinct count of one column for two different other columns

Hi!  Newbie here!  What I am trying to accomplish is create a visual that shows a distinct count of WPS # by month for each 1CR_Associate_ID and 2CR_Associate_ID. The associate Id can be in either column so I need a different count depending on which column their ID is in.

2018-07-23 15_46_04-Clipboard.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Rebender,

To achieve your requirement, create two calculate columns using DAX below:

Count in 1CR_Associate_ID = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(Table1[WPS #]), FILTER(Table1, MONTH(Table1[Start Date]) = MONTH(EARLIER(Table1[Start Date])) && Table1[1CR_Associate_ID] = EARLIER(Table1[1CR_Associate_ID])))

Count in 2CR_Associate_ID = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(Table1[WPS #]), FILTER(Table1, MONTH(Table1[Start Date]) = MONTH(EARLIER(Table1[Start Date])) && Table1[2CR_Associate_ID] = EARLIER(Table1[2CR_Associate_ID])))

捕获.PNG 

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Rebender,

To achieve your requirement, create two calculate columns using DAX below:

Count in 1CR_Associate_ID = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(Table1[WPS #]), FILTER(Table1, MONTH(Table1[Start Date]) = MONTH(EARLIER(Table1[Start Date])) && Table1[1CR_Associate_ID] = EARLIER(Table1[1CR_Associate_ID])))

Count in 2CR_Associate_ID = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(Table1[WPS #]), FILTER(Table1, MONTH(Table1[Start Date]) = MONTH(EARLIER(Table1[Start Date])) && Table1[2CR_Associate_ID] = EARLIER(Table1[2CR_Associate_ID])))

捕获.PNG 

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Thank you so much for your help!  That worked great!  I have one question....  When I add those new columns to my visual it is summing them so that I get an incorrect value.  Do you know how or which visual  I can create that will just display the value?  Here is what I am working with now.  It is a Matrix.....

2018-07-24 08_42_07-Profile Approval Reports - Power BI Desktop.png

Hi Rebender,

Click on the new columnns, click Modeling-> Default Summarization-> Select "Don't Summarize" or in the Values field of matrix chart select "Don't summarize". Check if it can work.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

I had already tried that, but for some reason I am getting the same value for both columns (1CR, and 2CR)

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.