Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Gal1234

Selecting multiple sheets at once-Power query navigator

Hello,

I have one excel workbook with multiple sheets in it.

i want to import all the sheets into power query, but the problem is that in power query navigator it won't let me choose all
the sheets at once, and i forced to choose them one by one (picture for example):

Screenshot 2022-10-23 013259.png

How can I select all the sheets at once if, for example, I will have an excel workbook with 200 sheets in it? (I know this can be inefficient in terms of Time complexity, i just say this as an example).

I do not want to combine/merge/append/etc the sheets, I  just want them to be uploaded separately like in the picture below:

Screenshot 2022-10-23 013416.png

And if I can't select all of them at once, I would appreciate it if you could explain to me why.

Thank you very much in advance for the help, I searched a lot on the Internet for an answer to this question and could not find it.

3 REPLIES 3
AbbasG
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@Gal1234 found this video from Radacad but again if you don't want to append them it might not work 🤔.

https://youtu.be/gQo5coD9c4M
Until then!

AbbasG
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@Gal1234 Hi, I was simply able to select them all and import them as your desired outcome.

Below are screenshots for your reference.

AbbasG_0-1666498218180.png

AbbasG_1-1666498234564.png

Hope it helps.

Thanks for the reply but that's not what I meant.

in your example, you import 3 sheets that you needed to choose one by one.

But imagine that you have 200 sheets that you need to import, you don't want to waste 1 hour picking them one by one right?

What I asked if there a way to choose all the sheets at once, without choose them one by one in the Power query navigator like you did.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.