Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

WazzelBI
Frequent Visitor

Seeking an elegant solution to display only the months within the quarter(s) to year

I've been struggling to find the most efficient solution for controlling a slicer to only dispay the months for the quarters for the current year.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dramus
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

IS Current Quarter = if(STARTOFQUARTER('Dates'[Date])<= today() && ENDOFQUARTER('Dates'[Date]) >= today(),"Yes","No"

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
dramus
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Not sure I understand what you are looking for.

Are you looking to just display the months for the current quarter?

Hello, 

Yes. I've been creating additional True/False columns and writing formulae in what I feel is an overly complicated way. I'm sure there is an easier way to dispaly just the months for the current quarter and any of the earlier quarters within the same year. 

Thank you in advance 

dramus
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

IS Current Quarter = if(STARTOFQUARTER('Dates'[Date])<= today() && ENDOFQUARTER('Dates'[Date]) >= today(),"Yes","No"

Thank you so much. THIS is what I meant when I was describing an "elegant" solution. Very much appreciated. 

W

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.