Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

uif19085
Helper III
Helper III

Seeking Alternative Solutions for Force Selection in Power BI Slicers Post-Chiclet Slicer Drill-Thro

I'm currently grappling with an issue related to force selection in Power BI slicers, specifically in the context of utilizing two dropdowns. The first dropdown represents projects, while the second dropdown dynamically populates with sub-projects associated only with the selected project.

My objective is to implement force selection functionality so that every time I select a different project from the first dropdown, the options in the second dropdown adjust accordingly, displaying only sub-projects linked to the newly selected project. Additionally, I aim to clear any previous selections made in the sub-project dropdown when switching between projects.

Despite my attempts with the Chiclet Slicer, I encountered a problem where the drill-through functionality ceased to work. After conducting extensive research, I haven't found a satisfactory solution.

I'm reaching out to the community to seek alternative suggestions or workarounds for achieving force selection in slicers while maintaining the drill-through functionality intact. Whether it involves leveraging built-in Power BI features, custom visuals, DAX expressions, or any other method, I'm eager to explore all possibilities.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@uif19085 , I doubt that works properly in Power BI. However you can consider a pre-selected slicer

https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/insiderscoop1611244107840.powerbi_cus...

You can use measure in preselected slicer to default

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@uif19085 , I doubt that works properly in Power BI. However you can consider a pre-selected slicer

https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/insiderscoop1611244107840.powerbi_cus...

You can use measure in preselected slicer to default

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.