Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

SebastianS86
Frequent Visitor

Secondary filter

Dear all,

I'm doing something terribly wrong. So, I have 2 tables:

Inventory of 2022 with following columns: Calendar Week, Plant, Stock value; year (all rows with the same value 2022)

Inventory of 2023 with following columns: Calendar Week, Plant, Stock value; year (all rows with the same value 2022)

I need to create a visual with both values to compare them.

It works fine *I can add s slicer wor Calendar week) but I need to have a slicer to remove the value for 2022 or 2023 and I can't get this.

I also tried to create another lookup table with 3 columns: Calendar week, Year 2022 (filled with only one value 2022) and Calendar week, Year 2023 (filled with only one value 2023) and a relation 1 to 1 with the inventory 2022 and 2023 tables. Still, I can't get the desired results. 

can you please help me? i'm a beginner.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Idrissshatila
Super User
Super User

Herllo @SebastianS86 ,

You can append queries which means you make these two tables as one table, then use the year column to filter between years.

check append queries concept https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-query/append-queries

If I answered your question, please mark my post as solution, Appreciate your Kudos 👍

Follow me on Linkedin
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea 💡

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos
Follow me on LinkedIn linkedIn
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SebastianS86
Frequent Visitor

Thank you. I append both tabels but now, It will show me for calendar week 1 a sum of both values (2022+2023)

I need to have them in paralel (1 graph for 2022 and one for 2023( in order to compare the evolution from oane year to second one on the same week.

Idrissshatila
Super User
Super User

Herllo @SebastianS86 ,

You can append queries which means you make these two tables as one table, then use the year column to filter between years.

check append queries concept https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-query/append-queries

If I answered your question, please mark my post as solution, Appreciate your Kudos 👍

Follow me on Linkedin
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea 💡

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos
Follow me on LinkedIn linkedIn
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea

Proud to be a Super User!

I think I did it well :). 

X axis: calendar week

Y axis: values

Legent: year.

THANK YOU!!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.