Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

HamidBee
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Scheduled refresh has been disabled

I have created a Power BI report that reads data from a folder stored on my OneDrive. I published it onto the workspace. When I tried to manually refresh the dataset on the workspace I received an error which read:

Data source errorScheduled refresh is disabled because at least one data source is missing credentials. To start the refresh again, go to this dataset's settings page and enter credentials for all data sources. Then reactivate scheduled refresh.
Cluster URIWABI-NORTH-EUROPE-I-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID38001b8d-1516-4817-8178-d50e8536d7dc
Request ID7eaadfea-370c-dece-8c5a-6e2425f26138
Time2023-11-03 09:42:11Z

Just as a note I do not have a gateway set up as the data source is on the cloud so surely their shouldn't be any need. Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks. I managed to find out what the issue was. The current Datasource is "C:\Users\Hamid\OneDrive....". The problem with using this is that it is directed to my C drive so Power BI thinks the files are stored locally even though technically it's stored in the cloud. So this method requires me to have a data gateway. Instead, I got the url link of that same OneDrive file which looks like: "htttps://organization.my.sharepoint.com/personal/hamid......". In using this Power BI knows it's online and I can set up schedule refresh without the need for a data gateway. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @HamidBee ,

The Owner of the dataset should be able to modify the credentials.  When you look at the "refresh history" is that where you are getting the data credentials message or is there a different one in there?

for a connection to Azure SQL DB to use Basic authentication you need to add it to the (Enterprise, or now Standard) Gateway. That's also how we set it up. After that you can select the gateway in the settings of the dataset and it works fine.

If you want to read more about the setup, we used the approach of Securing the connection between Power BI and Azure SQL Database, with the gateway installed in the same VNet as mentioned in this article.

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Rongtie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Uzi2019
Super User
Super User

Hi @HamidBee 
Please refer the video for proper guidance how to refresh from share point

I hope I answered your question. Please give kudos and accept it as a solution.

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!
HamidBee
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi. This video is specifically for data on SharePoint my question is related to files on OneDrive.

OneDrive is a facet of SharePoint. Your OneDrive site is a private SharePoint site on the back end.

Thanks. I managed to find out what the issue was. The current Datasource is "C:\Users\Hamid\OneDrive....". The problem with using this is that it is directed to my C drive so Power BI thinks the files are stored locally even though technically it's stored in the cloud. So this method requires me to have a data gateway. Instead, I got the url link of that same OneDrive file which looks like: "htttps://organization.my.sharepoint.com/personal/hamid......". In using this Power BI knows it's online and I can set up schedule refresh without the need for a data gateway. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.