Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

JP8991
Advocate II
Advocate II

Save As Dialog Box Shortcut?

Hello all,

I am sure like many others, am perplexed, with some of the UI choices that Microsoft are making at the moment, On-object interaction being one of the worst.

However, I am not sure why it now takes three clicks to get to the Save As Dialog Box, I am sure I used to press F12 for this.

SaveAsTemplate-001.png

Do any of you know if there is a shortcut key or combination of keys to bring this up as navigating all the menus is a little frustrating?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@JP8991 Sorry I missed that. May be turn off Save to one drive and sharpoint under options -> Preview and see if that helps.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@JP8991 I'm with you on this and I hate it but I think down the road that is going to be the new saving dialog. I hope there is a way to turn that off. Maybe something can be added to the ideas forum. Cheers1! 

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@JP8991 Sorry I missed that. May be turn off Save to one drive and sharpoint under options -> Preview and see if that helps.

Perfect, that has got it.

Man, I hope that doesn't become the new interface, its horrible.

JP8991
Advocate II
Advocate II

@parry2k thanks but I did mention in my message that it doesn't bring up the Save As Dialog.

JP8991_0-1701214315290.png

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@JP8991 try F12

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.