Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

viralpatel21
Helper II
Helper II

Same result in all months error

Hi Team

It me again lol. Normally i am good with creating measures but for some reason i am not getting a monthly breakdown in my table. I am getting the same total for all months. it even create a total for a blank month? So what the measure is doing its counting the number of members from the accounts table but its filtering if there been more that 1 transaction from the BalanceAdjustment table.

viralpatel21_0-1621521861728.png

VolumeofID =
CALCULATE(
DISTINCTCOUNT(BalanceAdjustments[TransactionId]),
FILTER(
BalanceAdjustments,
BalanceAdjustments[Load_Type] = "Bank Transfer" ||
BalanceAdjustments[Load_Type] = "Digital Asset" ||
BalanceAdjustments[Load_Type] = "TopUP"),
USERELATIONSHIP(BalanceAdjustments[Date],FeeDate[Date])
)

viralpatel21_1-1621522096603.png

Relationships:

FeeDate[Date] 1 to many Aufsaaccounts[createdon]

FeeDate[Date] 1 to mant BalanceAdjustments[Date]

BalanceAdjustment[AccountNumber] Many to many a au_fsaccountses[fsaacountreference]

Im not sure what im doing wrong. I checked all the dates format and it is correct?

thanks

viral

3 REPLIES 3
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @viralpatel21 

I think it may be the many to many relationship that caused the measure you created to return the same result .

Could you provide some data or sample ? According to your diagram, I have no way to determine the specific reason .

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@viralpatel21 , Data model has an issue. You should remove that M-M join if need to have more dimension/bridge table like feedate. Once you remove that many to many, you can update those as active relationship

https://www.seerinteractive.com/blog/join-many-many-power-bi/

hi @amitchandak 

thanks for the reply. Im still getting confused on how to do that?

But if i didnt remove the M-M relationship because there are more tables that factors into the data model... how would i fix the current problem?

thanks

viral

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.