Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

alecsio
Regular Visitor

Same month previous year with filter

Hi

I need your help to find a solution to work around this problem. I've checked already in the community but I couldn't find any real solution. Scenario:

- Table A: Date Table (Complete Date, Day, Month, Year...)

- Table B: Sales

- Slider date filter on date table in relationship with the date of the sales table

I'm trying to study the sales of the period I choose in the filter compared to the one of the same period of the previous year. In addition I created a new measure that says the forecast sales to the end of the month and I would like to compare it to the sales of the same month of the previous year creating a new measure.

What I obtained is the total amount of the sales of the previous year. I have no problem to have the sales of the exact period of the previous year but I have problem to have the total sales of the entire month of the previous year.

I hope it's clear.

This is the formula that gives me the total sales of the previous year to which I need to add the filter of the month. 

FatturatoAnnoPrecedenteTotMese= CALCULATE(SUM(ALESSIO_MX_MOVIMENTI_CLIENTI[TotDoc]);ALLEXCEPT(ALESSIO_MX_MOVIMENTI_CLIENTI;ALESSIO_MX_MOVIMENTI_CLIENTI[AGENTE]);ALESSIO_MX_MOVIMENTI_CLIENTI[CSG_DOC_ORI]="BC"||ALESSIO_MX_MOVIMENTI_CLIENTI[CSG_DOC_ORI]="FT";PREVIOUSYEAR(ALESSIO_MX_MOVIMENTI_CLIENTI[DTT_DOC_ORI]))

Let me know if there are other ways to have the same result.

Thank you to all

Alessiosales.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
alecsio
Regular Visitor

Ok I think I've found a solution such as:

PARALLELPERIOD(DateDimension[Date];-12;MONTH))

thank you

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
alecsio
Regular Visitor

Ok I think I've found a solution such as:

PARALLELPERIOD(DateDimension[Date];-12;MONTH))

thank you

alecsio
Regular Visitor

Hi

I need your help to find a solution to work around this problem. I've checked already in the community but I couldn't find any real solution. Scenario:

- Table A: Date Table (Complete Date, Day, Month, Year...)

- Table B: Sales

- Slider date filter on date table in relationship with the date of the sales table

I'm trying to study the sales of the period I choose in the filter compared to the one of the same period of the previous year. In addition I created a new measure that says the forecast sales to the end of the month and I would like to compare it to the sales of the same month of the previous year creating a new measure.

What I obtained is the total amount of the sales of the previous year. I have no problem to have the sales of the exact period of the previous year but I have problem to have the total sales of the entire month of the previous year.

I hope it's clear.

This is the formula that gives me the total sales of the previous year to which I need to add the filter of the month. 

FatturatoAnnoPrecedenteTotMese= CALCULATE(SUM(ALESSIO_MX_MOVIMENTI_CLIENTI[TotDoc]);ALLEXCEPT(ALESSIO_MX_MOVIMENTI_CLIENTI;ALESSIO_MX_MOVIMENTI_CLIENTI[AGENTE]);ALESSIO_MX_MOVIMENTI_CLIENTI[CSG_DOC_ORI]="BC"||ALESSIO_MX_MOVIMENTI_CLIENTI[CSG_DOC_ORI]="FT";PREVIOUSYEAR(ALESSIO_MX_MOVIMENTI_CLIENTI[DTT_DOC_ORI]))

Let me know if there are other ways to have the same result.

Thank you to all

Alessio

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.