Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

brian0782
Helper II
Helper II

Same measures in two fact tables. How can I create a visual that compares the two?

I have the following model where I am attempting to compare figures in UAT and Production. The table schema is identical and I have already create a Combined calculated table using a full outer join in DAX.

brian0782_0-1709802436979.png

I am trying to achieve a set of visuals where the user can easily see if the figures are matching between the two environments. Something similar to this: 

brian0782_1-1709802507372.png

Ideally I'd like to use the tables I have in place without creating another calculated table to achieve this. Is this possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

So I've pretty much done this now by creating a manual table and adding a calculated column: 

brian0782_0-1709812681092.png

I think this might work

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
_AAndrade
Super User
Super User

Hi,

As far as I can see I think it's possible. You have two dimensions tables that are filtering both fact tables, so it's possible to do it.
You need to create a measure for Producion, another for UAT and one to calculate the difference.

If you need any help, please share more information or a pbix with an example.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are welcome.

Proud to be a Super User!

Yes I was thinking about that but I think it would result in this sort of visual 

brian0782_0-1709807945578.png

I think I need the values pivoted by environment

You need some aggregation group to filter both tables. In that way you can write your measures like I said before and it will work.
It depends on where the data in the first column comes from

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are welcome.

Proud to be a Super User!

So I've pretty much done this now by creating a manual table and adding a calculated column: 

brian0782_0-1709812681092.png

I think this might work

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.