Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

rjs2
Resolver I
Resolver I

Salesforce Report (email/cases) wont refresh due to memory size

I have a salesforce report with three objects connected, email, cases, accounts.

My report wont refresh within power bi services (There was an error when processing the data in the dataset.)  When I try to refresh thru desktop app I get an out of memory error and it wont refresh.  We are on our third year with salesfroce.  The report is aprox 580MB, pretty large.

My power query is very simple and I am doing all my calcs in DAX to minimize the query.

Is there a work around for this?  I assume the memory error in the desktop refresh is due to my computer, but the power bi service refresh fail started the exact same time as my memory error starter.

Another question I have:  If I create a report for each year, will I be able to setup a report that uses multiple different PBI reports (one for each year) so I can comiple trends over year?

The main purpose of my salesforce report is to report yearly trends (month over month, quarter over quarter etc.) and response times and I really need to be able to compare at least three year trends at the minimum for my executive reporting.

1 REPLY 1
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rjs2 ,

You can refer the following links to optimize your data model, and re-publish your PBIX file to Power BI Service.

Optimization guide for Power BI

Power BI Performance Tips and Techniques

A comprehensive guide to Power BI performance tuning

Testing Performance Of Power BI Reports In The Browser

And for getting the year trend, you can refer the following links:

Solved: Can a Report use Multiple Datasets? - Microsoft Fabric Community

Graph Showing Changes Over Time In Power BI Reports | Enterprise DNA

carldesouza.com

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.