Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

SAP Hana Connection Error

So, here is the thing

I succefully connected Powe BI to a database in Sap Hana, you can see a table and his values for this example, 

Hana 1.PNG

but when I'm in the Edit queries Power BI show me the next message:

Hana 2.PNG

I don't understand why is this happening, why show me an error in the edit queries but i can use the information for create a report, I really need to do certains things, like filter rows and replace some values. I just starting with Power Query, I'm not  good creating M code, I really need to see the data so i can do all the modifications. 

Thansk in advanced

Harrinson A.

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

is this with the December update? I use Hana and it worked fine with the November update, but won't work with the December update.  I get a query too complex error.  Uninstalled the December version and resinstalled November and it works fine.

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks @Elka, actually i'm working with the November version, is so strange why I can see data in the report view, but an error on the Edit queries. 

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous,

This is a SQL error. Take a good look at The Advanced Editor and check the SQL statement.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-chuncz-msft

thanks for your reply, but i'm lost there, why would be an SQL error?, Power BI is the one who made the syntax for the import. 😞

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.