Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

krishnateja
Frequent Visitor

SAP BW performance issue and direct object connectivity

@GuyInACube I am a huge follower of you, I am very much benefited by your knowledge sharings, I moved to POWER BI support team recently, User is raising the concerns on the POWER BI Performace while pulling data from SAP BW cubes. 

Here is the request:

Currently, I’m accessing the SAP-BW Dev environment through the PowerBI connection and I’ve been experiencing very slow connection issues. Each action within PowerBI, from establishing a connection to the data source, navigating in the data source listing and making any modifications to the query output is painfully slow.

for the above: can we keep a trace on the user machine to find was causing the issue or is it a tool limitation.

She was also trying to find out if she can build PowerBI queries on SAP-BW master data objects (i.e. standard SAP-BW master data object 0MATERIAL). as It seems the only way to do this is to first create an SAP-BI query that references this master data object, add all the fields needed, save and then it can be visible in PowerBI info provider listing. she was hoping to avoid the entire step of creating a query and just do a direct connection to the object itself. Is there a way to accomplish this approach?

we went through the power bi technical documentation to connect with SAP BW but I didn't see options to get to SAP Object directly.

Please do help.

Thanks in advance 

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.