Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

OrbitJO
Frequent Visitor

S-Curve with Date & Time

Hi Ninjas!!

I am trying to generate S-curve with Date & Time Interactions. I've got separate Date and Time tables and the relationships are something like this..

OrbitJO_0-1690106413924.png

Connections - Date from the Calender table with BL Date & TIME[Time] with BL Time in the BL Table. Shift refers to 2AM to 2PM.

OrbitJO_0-1690118151200.png

Problem 1 - is that the Baseline hours are not divided for each time unit. The result comes out as 255 for Each shift on 12 July where as total budget allocation for 12 Jul is 255. Total budget is 5.8k and the sum of bar chart is showing as 5.8k times 2 = 11600.

OrbitJO_1-1690107328094.png

Problem 2 - Running total is not taking shift or time element into accoung as I have used following DAX for Running total..

Cumulative BL Units =
CALCULATE(
    SUM('BL SCURVE'[LABORUNITSPERDAY]),
    FILTER(
        ALLSELECTED('CALENDAR CALC'[Date]),
        ISONORAFTER('CALENDAR CALC'[Date], MAX('CALENDAR CALC'[Date]), DESC)
    )
)

Which I think is not correct as CALENDAR CALC'[Date] does not have time element to it. How do I fix this to consider time element and to consider Running Total for Each shift?

EDIT: PowerBI File 
Source Data

Expected Result:
OrbitJO_0-1690200104341.png

Thanks in advance!
2 REPLIES 2
foodd
Super User
Super User

Please provide your work-in-progress Power BI Desktop file (with sensitive information removed) that covers your issue or question completely in a usable format (not as a screenshot).

https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-provide-sample-data-in-the-Power-BI-...

Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided.

https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447...

This allows members of the Forum to assess the state of the model, report layer, relationships, and any DAX applied.

OrbitJO
Frequent Visitor

Hi Team,

Any response on this one would be appreciated.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.