Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Rochejf
Frequent Visitor

Return yes when all rows are filled

Hi guys, I'm wondering whether this can be done in Powerbi?

Referring to the table below.

I have 3 sales orders each separate into different sales tasks. What I wish to do now is, when all sales tasks are fulfilled with a date filled in the sales date column, the completion will turn into yes. If none or not all sales task is not fulfilled, the completion will stay as No.

Let me know if such logic can be performed in Powerbi. Thanks!

Sales OrderSales TaskSales DateCompletion
SO111SO111/128-Jul-23No
SO111SO111/2 No
SO222SO222/128-Jul-23Yes
SO222SO222/228-Jul-23Yes
SO333SO333/128-Jul-23No
SO333SO333/2 No
SO333SO333/328-Jul-23No

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
ryan_mayu
Super User
Super User

@Rochejf 

you can create a new column

Column = if(CALCULATE(count('Table (2)'[Sales Date]),ALLEXCEPT('Table (2)','Table (2)'[Sales Order]))=CALCULATE(count('Table (2)'[Sales Task]),ALLEXCEPT('Table (2)','Table (2)'[Sales Order])),"Y","N")

11.PNG

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

here is a workaround for you.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ryan_mayu
Super User
Super User

@Rochejf 

you can create a new column

Column = if(CALCULATE(count('Table (2)'[Sales Date]),ALLEXCEPT('Table (2)','Table (2)'[Sales Order]))=CALCULATE(count('Table (2)'[Sales Task]),ALLEXCEPT('Table (2)','Table (2)'[Sales Order])),"Y","N")

11.PNG

OMG, this actually works!!! Really appreciate your help!!!!!! 

you are welcome

One more question, if i want to perform this in power query format is it possible?

here is a workaround for you.

First, thank you and potentially anyone else who reads this.  I guess you misunderstood my post.  I'm not looking for a solution.  As I mentioned in my post...I already know how to do this with DAX, my point was that you shouldn't have to.  And if I miss posted in this community then that is my fault.  I was trying to post in the community where Microsoft sees voted on posted to attempt to fix this type of filter need more permanently.  I don't want to use DAX because that means I must create the DAX for every filter that I want to behave this way.  I would rather have Microsoft add it as a permanent filter capability much like Contains, Does Not Contain, Between, etc.  First By Default allows you to set a listed field (e.g. Orders) by default to a numerically or alphabetically first value.  But thank you for trying to help me solve the issue although a code solution is not the type of solution I was hoping for.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.