Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

jratac
Frequent Visitor

Retrieving Bookmark Details

I have a question about bookmarks. Is there a way to track or see what's saved on a specific bookmark?

Recently, I created a prototype dashboard, and to keep the selections synchronized between two visuals within the same bookmark, I used the "Selected visuals" option in advanced bookmarks.

Now, I'm facing a challenge. I want to add boolean filters to these visuals, but doing so means I have to recreate the bookmarks.  The problem is, I've trained users to click on "Reset All Filters" to start fresh or go back to the original settings. Unfortunately, using this option will remove one of the boolean filters I added.

Has anyone else encountered a similar situation where you need to trace what are the items you selected under Selections? If you have, how did you retrieve the bookmark details? Is there a way to do that in Power BI Desktop or Service?

I'd really appreciate any advice or solutions you can share!

James

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi John,

Though the link you shared just stated that Power BI has no built-in functionality to retrieve bookmark properties. However, thanks for your response.

What I did is to repeat bookmarking, and made sure to document all steps applied in the dashboard (sorry, I know I should have done this the first time).

Thanks again.

James

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JohnShepherdAPD
Helper II
Helper II

Hi John,

Though the link you shared just stated that Power BI has no built-in functionality to retrieve bookmark properties. However, thanks for your response.

What I did is to repeat bookmarking, and made sure to document all steps applied in the dashboard (sorry, I know I should have done this the first time).

Thanks again.

James

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.