Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

asbpowerbi
Helper IV
Helper IV

Report - Table visual - allowing the report user to hide columns

Hello,

I have a very large user base. All of them want a table visual to display informaiton, but none of them can agree on what columns to display. Is there a way to show all of the columns and allow the user to remove columns they do not want to see? How do I enable that feature?

Cheers!

Peter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Idrissshatila
Super User
Super User

Hello @asbpowerbi ,

You could group all these columns in a field parameter and add the value of the parameter in the table, then they could change the field value within a slicer.

check this link for the steps https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/power-bi-field-parameters

If I answered your question, please mark my post as solution so it would appeare to others, Appreciate your Kudos 👍

Follow me on Linkedin

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos
Follow me on LinkedIn linkedIn
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Idrissshatila
Super User
Super User

Hello @asbpowerbi ,

You could group all these columns in a field parameter and add the value of the parameter in the table, then they could change the field value within a slicer.

check this link for the steps https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/power-bi-field-parameters

If I answered your question, please mark my post as solution so it would appeare to others, Appreciate your Kudos 👍

Follow me on Linkedin

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos
Follow me on LinkedIn linkedIn
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.