Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Diegal
Frequent Visitor

Relationship and data filtering between different columns.

Hello, I have a doubt about how this problem should be solved.
I have two tables, Table A has information about new personnel that enters my company, while table B has the initial requeriment for that personnel that was needed in a certain area. I can relate both through multiple common columns (month of expected entry/month of start for the employee ; analist in charge of the process; zone that requires the personnel , etc...).

Simplified Table A:

Diegal_0-1696436337838.png

Simplified Table B:

Diegal_1-1696436581020.png

I can relate both tables so a graphic can show the amount of personnel required and the amount that actually entered based on the criteria I decided to match (eg. month expected to enter/month of actual entry), however, if I want to further filter/segment the data based on more criteria (eg. analist, zones...) then it just filters the table I put as the origin of data for the graphic and doesn't relate other columns even if they have common data.

Example: I relate the "Analist in charge" column. The graphic returns the total personnel requested for the analists and the count of IDs that entered under charge of the analist. If I want to use a data segmentation based on "Month of Entry", I cannot relate this column with the "Month expected to enter" as PBI doesn't let me relate multiple columns. So I end up having to use 2 data segmentations, one based on the month on Table A and the other on the month on Table B just so numbers align.

Initial Graphic:

Diegal_2-1696437408520.png
Graphic once I filter through "Month of Entry" From Table A:

Diegal_3-1696437582435.png

The Table B data has not changed.

Is there a way to filter through different columns? I know a solution could be merging columns but with how my data is formatted I doubt it's a useful solution, as my numbers for A are done through a COUNT() function while B has regular Sum Agreggation from PBI. Thanks in advance for any advice.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User
2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Thank you, I managed to create a table with the data I needed and so far it seems to filter based on the relationships I set on the common tables.
I would also like to know if I can translate this to a more visual setting (pie/bar chart or similar graphics) and if it's possible to remove rows in the table I see if they don't contain data (ex. I filter based on certains months and if a person doesn't have data for them they don't appear in the visualization).
Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.