Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

jlie
Advocate I
Advocate I

Relate Tables with "outer join" in the Data Model (not the query builder)

Hey,

I hope I am able to specify my problem accurately, because I'm not entirely sure how to describe it. Lets say I have two tables, one for our customers and one for Google Analytics Session Data from our website. I am able to match them and I have a customer for every Dataset in GA, but I do not have GA data for every single customer.

When I set-up the relationship and pull the data into a visualization or a table, I only get the intersect (e.g. all customers that have sessions), but I am not able to see all customers. So what I basically need is a left-outer join: I need all the customers (all the time) and I need the GA-Data added, where it is available.

Is it possible to configure this in the Data Model or do I have to build a separate table in the Query Builder?

Best Regards and many thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jlie,

>>So what I basically need is a left-outer join: I need all the customers (all the time) and I need the GA-Data added, where it is available.

For your requirement, you can take a look at NATURALLEFTOUTERJOIN Function and try to use it create a merged table with full records.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jlie,

>>So what I basically need is a left-outer join: I need all the customers (all the time) and I need the GA-Data added, where it is available.

For your requirement, you can take a look at NATURALLEFTOUTERJOIN Function and try to use it create a merged table with full records.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.