Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

x2kibail
Frequent Visitor

RLS using emails but data table does not have email values

I have a report with a large audience. It has two tables in it. The report has 2 pages, one for each table. 

I want to limit the ability to see the second page to specific people with a specific department, let's say it's Dept X. The first table, I want anyone with access to see. 

I want to create a custom field on the second table where every value has the department name, Dept X. Then use the custom column to relate the second table to my directory table. Then with RLS do something like ...

Show table when email = userprinciplename () AND department = 'Dept X' but I can't get it to work right. 

Any suggestions or alternatives? I'm likely being ambitious. I haven't used RLS before. 

I'm also planning to use Office365 groups in power bi service when assigning roles. I have a group with everyone in the company and a department based group. 

1 REPLY 1
Bipin-Lala
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi @x2kibail,

I have answered a similar question about using RLS to hide pages in a previous post

Please refer to it and post any of your questions that remain unanswered, I will try to answer them.🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.