Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Sushain
Frequent Visitor

Query regarding sharing Power BI report

Hello Everyone,

I have a query. I want to share my Power BI report's link to external user but they dont want to install power bi at there end to see my report. Is there any way I can share the report to them without them having to create a power bi account and without having to install power bi.

Plz let me know if anybody knows. 

Thank You in advance for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AlexisOlson
Super User
Super User

The only option I can think of for this is the Publish to Web feature. This allows you to share a report to the public, which means pretty much anyone with an internet connection can access the report.

This obviously isn't a viable solution for data that should be private. If you need to control access to the report, then there must be some sort of authentication process either involving Power BI accounts or a Power BI Embedded solution.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
AlexisOlson
Super User
Super User

The only option I can think of for this is the Publish to Web feature. This allows you to share a report to the public, which means pretty much anyone with an internet connection can access the report.

This obviously isn't a viable solution for data that should be private. If you need to control access to the report, then there must be some sort of authentication process either involving Power BI accounts or a Power BI Embedded solution.

Thx @AlexisOlson. I found this solution later on since I didnt get any response. Thank you for answering but my query got resolved.

FYI, if you find the answer to your own question, it's considered courteous to update or comment on your post describing how you solved the problem so that future readers with the same question can benefit.

https://xkcd.com/979/

Sure but I did the same way you had suggested me with the solution. The only different thing was that my setting was disabled which I had to do in order to make publish to web work. So do you want me to still show how I did?

No. That's fine. This thread should have sufficient information now.

A reply/update along these lines is what I would have recommended.

Publish to Web worked for my situation but I had to enable that as an option first.

OK I'll keep that in mind for future answers. Since no one gave me any reply to my query and it was quite urgent so it didn't strike me to update it over here. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.