Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

poweruser55
Helper IV
Helper IV

Put columns next to each other while using a slicer

Screenshot 2021-12-06 113539.jpg

I have a slicer in my app that changes the graph based upon ID selected. My question is how do I get the value which are comments to the right and not under the ID number. Also, is there a way to remove the decimals? I was able to do this in a table view but can't find the setting with a slicer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@poweruser55,

Select your new column in the Fields list on the right hand side.  You will get the "Sort by Columns" in the menu.  You will select Sort by your original ID field.

rsbin_0-1638976524285.png

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
rsbin
Super User
Super User

@poweruser55,

I would create a new calculated column to concatenate your ID and Comment fields.

Slicer = [ID] & " " & [Comment]

You should be able to format your [ID] field to 0 decimal places using the Column Tools menu.

Hope this helps.

I just realized that this makes nothing show up in the graph pane when an ID is clicked. I know why this is happening but how can we get it to just pull the ID part and not the text. @rsbin 

I got the column separated but now the ID numbers aren't in numerical order. How can I get it to reorder ascending ID? @rsbin It is putting 12 after 1 because it is taking the 1 in front of 12 instead of the entire number.

@poweruser55,

Select your new column in the Fields list on the right hand side.  You will get the "Sort by Columns" in the menu.  You will select Sort by your original ID field.

rsbin_0-1638976524285.png

The slicer no longer works, when I choose an ID the graph pane is blank @rsbin 

@poweruser55,

Am somewhat tied up this afternoon, but please post a sample of your table (in table format that I can copy) as well as a screenshot of the visual you are using.  I will try to have a look at it when I can.

Can I add a column to an already published file? Wouldn't I need to use the query editor? @rsbin 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.