Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

TesterTest
Frequent Visitor

Project release every month

Hi Community,

I am working to develop a report for a project releases scenarios.

There are some projects that have a release date(due date on which project will be released).

I need to show two tables in my power BI report

i) First table 'Current Month' contains projects to be released this month 

ii) Second Table 'Next Month' contains projects to be released next month.

This is simple. I created a flag for current month and applied a filter of current month flag =true.

But the requirement is 

If the release date passes, then the 'current month' release table should show the next month releases and the 'next month' table should show the next to next month projects

Example:

Today is 1/31/2024

Project P1 has release date = 1/30/204

As the release date has passed the 'current month' table should now show projects for Februray release in 'Current month' Table and

'Next month' table should show Projects to be released in 'March'. This will change every ttime when the release date passes (Regardless of the project status).

Any help will be greatly appriciated!

Thanks in advance!!

7 REPLIES 7
ryan_mayu
Super User
Super User

@TesterTest 

pls create two measures and add each measure to the visual as a filter

Measure = if(day(today())<15, if(year(max('Table'[release date]))=year(today())&&month(max('Table'[release date]))=month(today()),1),if(year(max('Table'[release date]))=year(today())&&month(max('Table'[release date]))=month(today())+1,1))

Measure 2 = if(day(today())<15, if(year(max('Table'[release date]))=year(today())&&month(max('Table'[release date]))=month(today())+1,1),if(year(max('Table'[release date]))=year(today())&&month(max('Table'[release date]))=month(today())+2,1))

11.PNG

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Hi ryan_mayu

Thank you so much for your reply! I really appriciate this!!

The only problem left is in this part of your formula    if(day(today())<15), I replaced this with the day of the released date like if(day(today()) < day(max(RelaseDate)) but as this will evaluate for each month I combimed it with month(max(ReleasedDate)) condition.

Now the formula is 

Measure = if(day(today()) < day(max(Sheet1[Release Date]))&&  MONTH(TODAY())=month(max(Sheet1[Release Date])), if(year(max(Sheet1[Release Date]))=year(today())&&month(max(Sheet1[Release Date]))=month(today()),1),if(year(max(Sheet1[Release Date]))=year(today())&&month(max(Sheet1[Release Date]))=month(today())+1,1))

This results in

TesterTest_0-1706920022166.png

Not sure how to NOT include #4 as #2 and #3 have not been released yet.

Thanks!!

Thank you so much for your help!! I really appriciate it!!

The only problem left is with you measure ( if(day(today())<15), if I replcae 15 with the day(releasedate), I need to use the max or min function. like 

if(day(today()<day(max(ReleaseDate)). Because this will evalute for each month I combined it with month and the formula now is

Measure = if(day(today()) < day(max(Sheet1[Release Date]))&&  MONTH(TODAY())=month(max(Sheet1[Release Date])), if(year(max(Sheet1[Release Date]))=year(today())&&month(max(Sheet1[Release Date]))=month(today()),1),if(year(max(Sheet1[Release Date]))=year(today())&&month(max(Sheet1[Release Date]))=month(today())+1,1))

This results in 
TesterTest_0-1706918325386.png

How can we not include #4 as #2 and #3 have not been released yet.

Thanks!!!

ryan_mayu
Super User
Super User

could you pls provide some sample data and expected output?

Hi ryan_mayu,

Thank you for your reply!

Here's the Example data.

Data source(Excel File)

TesterTest_0-1706754653396.png

Expected Output when Current Date < 2/15/2024

Current Month:

TesterTest_5-1706755543077.png

Next Month

TesterTest_2-1706754941434.png

Expected Output (irrespective of Project Release Status)When Current Date > 2/15/2024 (i.e. Release Date passes)

Current Month:

TesterTest_3-1706755116889.png

Next Month:

TesterTest_4-1706755199992.png

Explanation:

Today = 2/1/2024

So Current Release will be projects Due in February and Next Release will be Projects due in March.

But as soon as February due date of the projects passes, Current Release will be proojects due in March and Next Release will be projects due in April.

Note: Release Date for all the projects in a month will be same. (e.g. 2/15/2024 for all the projects due in Feb)

Hope this helps!

why we don't display 2/22?

We do need to display 2/22 Actually all projects due in Feb.

My bad, The first image (Excel Data source)should be like below.

Sorry

TesterTest_0-1706807894527.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.