Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

vincentakatoh
Helper IV
Helper IV

Production Cumulative calculation (1 table)

Hi, 

Love the drill down function of PowerBI. Is it possible to have below table in excel in 1 PBI table?

Below is what I get using PBI vs one I need in excel. 

Sample file attached

2017-05-27 14_22_31-Start.png2017-05-27 14_22_50-Production Sample Data 0527 - Power BI Desktop.png

4 REPLIES 4
Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

Hi @vincentakatoh

Just trying to understand your question.  Is it that you are pretty close with your Power BI table except for the cells in the Excel image where the numbers are red?

eg, for the top row SMT for the 4/25/2017 excel is showing 9% whereas PBI is showing 1.2%

To me all the other numbers look good.  

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Hi @phil

Yes. Trying to get the number in red. Currently the table multiply everything in series.

In addtion, possible to get the numbers using the table "data" instead of using a new table "yield"?

Thks for picking this up. All thanks to you, i was able to get the number for "line".

Rgds,
Vincent.

Ok. I will have a crack in the morning:)

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Hi @Phil_Seamark,

Any luck? 

I was able to get the values at the top by creating a 2nd table (Excluding "Line"). Nonetheless, was hoping to achieve the same calculation with just 1 addtional table or no additional table (using original "data" table). Still unable to get the values on the right. 

Sample data

2017-05-30 21_24_12-Production Sample Data 0524 - Power BI Desktop.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.