Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lisannegesch
Frequent Visitor

Problem with dynamic column headers and export to csv

Hi all,

I used this tutorial to make dynamic columns: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jeSIRpjv0M&ab_channel=BIElite which is working fine. But I want to export it to csv from to report server and I don't get the format of the visual. I can't download the table in this format, I see the error: this is only available for a table or a matrix. Eventhough it is a matrix. 

Does anyone know how I can make an adjustment so that the users of the dashboard can download the visual in the format in which it is on the report server?

Followup question: now it looks like I can't order the columns in a random order. For example: the order in which I select the slicer. It orders it alphabeticly. Is there a way I can avoid that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jiewu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @lisannegesch ,

Based on my learning, only the summarized data is supported export within Power BI report server.

vjiewumsft_0-1710926717001.png

You can view the following document to learn about report server limitations.

Compare Power BI Report Server and the Power BI service - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Besides, try to export a report to a csv file on report builder.

Export a paginated report to a CSV file - Microsoft Report Builder & Power BI Report Builder | Micro...

For the random order question, create a calculated column or measure and select sort by column.

vjiewumsft_2-1710927237735.png

You can also view the following link to learn about sort.

Solved: Re: How can I sort the text values in a filter obj... - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best Regards,

Wisdom Wu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-jiewu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @lisannegesch ,

Based on my learning, only the summarized data is supported export within Power BI report server.

vjiewumsft_0-1710926717001.png

You can view the following document to learn about report server limitations.

Compare Power BI Report Server and the Power BI service - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Besides, try to export a report to a csv file on report builder.

Export a paginated report to a CSV file - Microsoft Report Builder & Power BI Report Builder | Micro...

For the random order question, create a calculated column or measure and select sort by column.

vjiewumsft_2-1710927237735.png

You can also view the following link to learn about sort.

Solved: Re: How can I sort the text values in a filter obj... - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best Regards,

Wisdom Wu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.