Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Prior week sales for week 1.

Hi,

Can someone help me with the Dax code;

I trying to write Dax for Prior Week Sales; I have the code and it is working for all weeks except for First week of the year; How do I get the Prior week sales for first week. The tricky part for me is , the prior week can be 53 rd or 52 nd week depending on the number of weeks last year had. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!!

PRIOR WTD = 
    IF(HASONEVALUE('Dim Date' [Year Number])
       && HASONEVALUE('Dim Date' [Week Number]),
            CALCULATE( Sum('Fact Daily Sales'[Sales]),
                    FILTER( ALL('Dim Date'),
                    'Dim Date'[Year Number]=VALUES('Dim Date'[Year Number])
                     && 'Dim Date'[Week Number]= Values('Dim Date'[Week Number])-1
                     && 'Dim Date'[Calendar Date]<=Max('Dim Date'[Calendar Date])
                          )
     ) ,
     BLANK()
    )   
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LivioLanzo
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous,

you need to add to your calendar table a column where week numbers do not reset at the start of each year, i think it should be in this post I answered:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Get-weekly-change-first-hour-in-week-compared-to-previous-weeks/m-p/600111#M285462

Did I answer your question correctly? Mark my answer as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous,

I trying to write Dax for Prior Week Sales; I have the code and it is working for all weeks except for First week of the year; How do I get the Prior week sales for first week. The tricky part for me is , the prior week can be 53 rd or 52 nd week depending on the number of weeks last year had. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!!

PRIOR WTD = 
    IF(HASONEVALUE('Dim Date' [Year Number])
       && HASONEVALUE('Dim Date' [Week Number]),
            CALCULATE( Sum('Fact Daily Sales'[Sales]),
                    FILTER( ALL('Dim Date'),
                    'Dim Date'[Year Number]=VALUES('Dim Date'[Year Number])
                     && 'Dim Date'[Week Number]= Values('Dim Date'[Week Number])-1
                     && 'Dim Date'[Calendar Date]<=Max('Dim Date'[Calendar Date])
                          )
     ) ,
     BLANK()
    )   

Could you share some sample data and clarify more details about your requirement?

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

LivioLanzo
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous,

you need to add to your calendar table a column where week numbers do not reset at the start of each year, i think it should be in this post I answered:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Get-weekly-change-first-hour-in-week-compared-to-previous-weeks/m-p/600111#M285462

Did I answer your question correctly? Mark my answer as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!  

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.