Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

sandeep_me
Helper I
Helper I

Price Development at Item Level with conditions

Dear All, 

I have been sweating out for the last couple of days to calculate the price development % at item level on a certain condition. 

What I'm doing is price development on a monthly basis. From the below table, 'Customer' column is customer no (unique value) and 'item' is item no(unique value). 'Net value inc bonus' is sales , 'Sales qty' is sales quantity (all with Jan'22 as monthly filter). 'Avg Price CY' is current year average price (net value inc bonus/sales qty). Basic fundamentals of calculating pricing here is I look into sales of same items to same customer this year (selected month) vs whole of last year. So the 'keycust&item' is a unique key which will help us distinquish that. So I vlooked up a similar sheet with whole 2021 data for same item sold to same customer and arrived at the conclusion of the column 'Include both years'. If that's  'yes' I pick the sales for the current selected month sales in 'Sales CY for items both years', same logic for Avg price LY. 

sandeep_me_0-1644919350224.png

Now the Price development % which I have a problem is the DAX in power BI. In the excel version at item level (lowest granularity) when I run the price development, for example the red highlighted, the logic here is (Avg Price CY/Avg Price LY-1). But when i got to summary level (or any upper heirarchy at BI report level), I need the logic to yellow highlighted which is ('Price development impact' total /Sales CY for items both years). ie in this case 471/11,300 =4.172%. 'Price development impact' is calculated by if(include both years="yes",(Avg Price CY/Avg Price LY-1)*'Sales Qty'). I have got this result in the DAX, but when there is only one item in the whole group I want to return logic for the item level at the summary level. 

sandeep_me_2-1644919827287.png

Desired Result : 

In this BI report, you can see there is only one item (94000047) for entire group and the value 5.131% should be reading at the summary level of the heirarchies since it's only one item in the entire group. 

DAX

Below is the dax I came with which is not picking this particular condition. 

Price Change % Month-Last Year Customer _test1 =
VAR table1 =
CALCULATETABLE (
ADDCOLUMNS (
SUMMARIZE ( Attributes, Attributes[Customer], Attributes[Item],Attributes[UniqueKey]),
"SalesQty", [Sales Qty],
"SalesQtyLY", [Sales Qty LY],
"Sales_", [Sales],
"SalesLY", [Sales LY]
)
)
VAR table2 =
ADDCOLUMNS (
table1,
"Include",
IF (
ISBLANK ( [SalesQty] ) || ISBLANK ( [SalesQtyLY] )
|| ISBLANK ( [SalesLY] )
|| ISBLANK ( [Sales_] )
|| [SalesQty] <= 0
|| [SalesQtyLY] <= 0
|| [SalesLy] <= 0
|| [Sales_] <= 0,
FALSE,
TRUE
)
)
VAR table3 =
ADDCOLUMNS (
table2,
"AvgPrice", IF ( [Include] = TRUE, DIVIDE ( [Sales_], [SalesQty] ), 0 ),
"AvgPriceLY", IF ( [Include] = TRUE, DIVIDE ( [SalesLY], [SalesQtyLy] ), 0 ),
"Result",
IF ( [Include] = TRUE, [Sales_],0)

)

VAR AveragePriceCurrentYear = SUMX ( FILTER ( table3, [Include] = TRUE ), [AvgPrice] )
VAR AveragePriceLastYear = SUMX ( FILTER ( table3, [Include] = TRUE ), [AvgPriceLY] )
VAR SalesForItemCustomerBothPeriods= SUMX ( FILTER ( table3, [Include] = TRUE ), [Result] )
VAR Conditions=COUNTAX(FILTER(table3,[Include]=TRUE),[Include])=1
VAR PriceDev = IF(ISBLANK(DIVIDE(AveragePriceCurrentYear,AveragePriceLastYear)),BLANK(),DIVIDE(AveragePriceCurrentYear,AveragePriceLastYear)-1)
RETURN
IF (
ISINSCOPE(Attributes[Item]) || Conditions,IF(ISBLANK(DIVIDE(AveragePriceCurrentYear,AveragePriceLastYear)),BLANK(),DIVIDE(AveragePriceCurrentYear, AveragePriceLastYear)-1),
[Price Change Impact Month-Last Year Customer_test]/ SalesForItemCustomerBothPeriods

)

Any help would be very helpful. 

Thanks in advance 

Sandeep
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sandeep_me ,

Please create another new measure as below and put it onto the matrix visual to replace the measure [Price Change % Month-Last Year Customer _test1] , later check whether the matrix can dispaly the correct values:

New Measure =
SUMX (
    GROUPBY (
        'Table',
        'Table'[Product Category],
        'Table'[Product Type],
        'Table'[Product Family],
        'Table'[Product Group],
        'Table'[Item],
        'Table'[Item Desc]
    ),
    [Price Change % Month-Last Year Customer _test1]
)

yingyinr_0-1645176221390.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sandeep_me ,

Please create another new measure as below and put it onto the matrix visual to replace the measure [Price Change % Month-Last Year Customer _test1] , later check whether the matrix can dispaly the correct values:

New Measure =
SUMX (
    GROUPBY (
        'Table',
        'Table'[Product Category],
        'Table'[Product Type],
        'Table'[Product Family],
        'Table'[Product Group],
        'Table'[Item],
        'Table'[Item Desc]
    ),
    [Price Change % Month-Last Year Customer _test1]
)

yingyinr_0-1645176221390.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.