Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

jokaaa
Frequent Visitor

Prevent limiting row import when publishing in app

Dear Community, 
I hope you can help me with the following problem. To explain my situation: 

We are working in a team with different people on one pbix file and the amount of data gets bigger and bigger. To prevent the long waiting times downloading the date into the model, I limited the import using a parameter as follows to enable working in Power Query.

= if LimitRowImport=true then Table.SelectRows(Umsatzdaten_Kerkhoff_, each [Zeit_Tag] > #datetime(2021, 9, 30, 0, 0, 0)) else Umsatzdaten_Kerkhoff_​

But after finishing the work in power query I have to load the full amount of data before publishing it to the app version. Otherwise the upload wont contain the full data. 

Now my question: 

Is there a way to limit row import for working in power Query and ensure that while publishing Power Query is switching the parameter to load all of the data? 

4 REPLIES 4
jokaaa
Frequent Visitor

My problem is still not solved. I coded it in Query as follows: 

jokaaa_0-1688455525795.png

When I switch the parameter in Power BI Service to 0 or below, the dataflow updates just for a short period of time and is not loading the full amount of data. The data is loaded into the model with a dataflow-connection. Can someone help me? very desperate because everything was build up logically in my opinion.

Hi , @jokaaa 

Thanks for your quick response!

According to your M code , in my understand , when you give the parameter 0 or below.It will return the whole of the 'dbo_FactInternetSales' Table. And in your image , you just use the if in M code and it seems there is no error in your M code.

In my opion, you can try to update the paramter in power query Editor and then refresh  it  to see if it can work when the paramter is  0 or below.

vyueyunzhmsft_0-1688458359499.png

Thank you for your time and sharing, and thank you for your support and understanding of PowerBI! 

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Hi , @jokaaa 

Thanks for your quick response!

According to your M code , in my understand , when you give the parameter 0 or below.It will return the whole of the 'dbo_FactInternetSales' Table. And in your image , you just use the "if“ in M code and it seems there is no error in your M code.

In my opion, you can try to update the paramter in power query Editor and then refresh  it  to see if it can work when the paramter is  0 or below.

vyueyunzhmsft_0-1688458359499.png

Thank you for your time and sharing, and thank you for your support and understanding of PowerBI! 

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @jokaaa 

According to your description, you want to update the parameter in your M code to get the all of the data .

For your need , you can try to use the paramter  in Power Query to try if it meet your need.

You can create it in Power Query ,for this , you can refer to this doc:
Parameters - Power Query | Microsoft Learn

And then you can publish your pbix file to Power BI Service and also you can modify it in Power BI Service and you can refresh the dataset to get the data based on the parameter you configure it .

For this , you can refer to :
Edit parameter settings in the Power BI service - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

And also if your data is very big , you can try to check if the incremental refresh can be used, for this , you can refer to :
Incremental refresh for datasets and real-time data in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.