Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

cryptosun
Helper I
Helper I

Powerapps Data from PowerBI report Not being Fetched!! URGENT PLEASE HELP!

Dear Community Members, I am desperately looking for help.

I have a PowerBI report, Where I have 3 tables one coming from snowflake(main table) and 2 SharePoint lists.

My use case is, once a user clicks on an entry and clicks at the comment button, some of the selected entry columns will be fetched from PowerBI Report to the Powerapps eg; material no, description, etc, user just has to write feedback(comment) and click submit, which will be saved into the Sharepoint list, Plus i have imported the comment column in the PowerBI dashboard along with with the columns of my main table coming from snowflake.

Everything was working fine, while i realized that after i was filtering for a specific entry to see all the relevant the relevant values, while the total number of entries were around 500+ it was showing only 20+ entries.

What i figured out was that, once i click on the table visual where all of my columns are, and in the visualization pan of values, at the comment column at the down arrow i check marked at "show items with no data" afterwards my all entries were being shown which is what i wanted. 

But the problem which happened now is, once i click on an entry which has no previous comment(blank) it shows blank screen in powerapps for that while if i choose an entry with a comment already(as there are some comments in sharepoint list) it shows the data for them. I am not sure what i should do so upon clicking the data should be fetched automatically so the user can submit the comments. 

I would be grateful for your insight, Sorry for such a long post. but i have tried every option but i don't seem to figure out whats wrong. i would be grateful for your help~

2 REPLIES 2
cryptosun
Helper I
Helper I

Thankyou for the response.

The problem is, i am using powerapps to take comments and once i click on an entry which has a comment already, it fetches the data from PowerBI to Powerapps using the PowerBIIntegeration, but it doesn't work with an entry which has no comment. it shows blank powerapp screen on that. could you tell me how can i solve it? i also posted in the powerapps community no one has responded yet

v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @cryptosun ,

Where would you like to add a comment? Power BI Desktop, Power BI Service or Powerapps? 

If you want to add a comment on Power BI Service, please refer to the document .

• Open a Power BI dashboard or report and select the Comment icon. This opens the Comments dialog.
  • To respond, select Reply, type your response, and select Post.
  • If you want to add a comment that is not part of an existing thread, enter your comment in the upper text field.

Limitations:

• Comments are limited to 2000 characters, including @mentions of other users and spaces.
  • The maximum number of conversations on a dashboard or report is 100. The maximum number of comments per conversation is 1000. To add a new conversation or comment, delete prior conversations or comments.
  • Bookmarks are not captured when you reply to a conversation. Only the first comment in a conversation creates a bookmark.
  • If you are using a paginated report, you may only leave a general comment about your report. Support for leaving comments on individual paginated report visuals is not available.

If you want to add a comment on Powerapps, please get more help in Forum Building Power Apps. Also , if you still have any issue about Power BI, you can provide more details here.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.