Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Cesar_alex

PowerBiDesktop Uninstall Error

I´m trying to uninstall powerbi Desktop on windows 11 and was not possible, i tried witch SCCM Configuration management and PSExec script , all ways were not sucessfull .

Trying to run from a network share with command line below or executing locally, the issue is the same, the process PBIDestkop.exe start and a few seconds later disapear from task manager .. 

All command line were executed without sucess .. the executable process starts and disapear in a few seconds later , no error message were displayed .. Running a isolate command line or putting into a bat file program the issue is same !

PBIDesktopSetup.exe -q -norestart -uninstall
PBIDesktopSetup.exe -quiet -norestart -uninstall
PBIDesktopSetup.exe -s -norestart -uninstall
PBIDesktopSetup.exe -silent -norestart -uninstall

msiexec.exe /q /m MSISQTQC /x "PBIDesktop_x64.msi"

A BAT file for example:

@echo off
Taskkill /IM PBIDesktop.exe /F

"\\ServerName\pbi$\PowerBIDesktop\PBIDesktopSetup_x64.exe" -quiet -norestart -uninstall
ping -n 1 -w 3000 0.0.0.1 > NUL
del %windir%\prefetch\PBIDESKTOP*.* /S /Q

Has anyone experienced this problem? Can you help me ?

Thanks !

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Cesar_alex,

According to your description, it seems like the SCCM manager unable to uninstall power bi. Have you tried to use other installer to uninstall the power bi desktop client?

Solved: Cannot Uninstall Power BI Desktop - Microsoft Fabric Community

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-shex-msft ,

My problem is not being to install or upgrade the powerBI Desktop, to do upgrade is easy, just to use the command line "PBIDesktopSetup_x64.exe /quiet ACCEPT_EULA=1" into a Batch file or using SCCM directly that runs normally and solve all previous installations issue . My actually problem is just uninstall desktop client because we decide to use de application from App Store now because it is much more easy to administer and upgrade .

So, i have PBI Desktop in all workstations and i need to uninstall and I tried to use a batch file, configuration manager and all command line that i told do not work .

If you download the executable and try to run all command lines locally, none will work automatically , always will show a screen to user to confirm the uninstall .

If you can, do the test, download the executable and execute "PBIDesktopSetup.exe -quiet -norestart -uninstall" .. you will see that confirmation screen to uninstall , so that´s my problem !

Thanks for your help .. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.