Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Bc0303
Frequent Visitor

PowerBI Wont Connect to Semantic Model

Hi,

I have created a work flow using Alteryx and then pushed out the data via the Power BI Output connection addon to my powerbi workspace, when i open PowerBI and then go into Get Data and select semantic model then choose the output file on my workspace I get this error.

Bc0303_0-1714649394472.png

Does anyone know what could be causing this or how I make the relevant changes to ensure I can connect to it.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
v-yaningy-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Bc0303 

You need to make sure that your data has reached the Workspace correctly, you can see if the data is OK in Service and what is the source of the dataset you're using in Alteryx before pushing it to Power BI?

Best Regards,
Yang
Community Support Team

The source of my Data is Excel at the minute, so it goes into Alteryx then data maniluation is done and it spits out into workspace, it will be inevitably connected to a warehouse but at the minute its an excel file but we are introducing Alteryx so we are working on using it for all data purposes then PowerBI as the visual end.

Also what do you mean check the data is ok in Service? 😮

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.