Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Sportily
Frequent Visitor

PowerBI - PowerApps Choice/Value table linking

Hi everyone,

We have a PowerApp where a choice list has associated values.

We recently added a new choice list item.

Sportily_0-1714573730595.png

In my PowerBI table there is the column of the value, but the new choice item we added (610,750,025) doesn't then complete the Label column - it just shows a blank.

I didn't set up the PowerBI, but what links these 2 columns, or how do I find that out, so that the Session Column gets populated. Its not linked by PowerAutomate is it??

Sportily_1-1714573980041.png

Sorry for being a bit clueless, I just can't work out how the value links to the descripton as its the description which is then used as the filter.

THANKS

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yohua-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Sportily 

You can check if there are calculated columns in the PowerBI dataset that are responsible for converting option values to labels. This can be done using DAX expressions. Make sure your PowerBI dataset is up to date. If you don't refresh the dataset after adding a new option item in PowerApps, it might not reflect the latest changes. You can manually refresh the dataset in PowerBI to see if that resolves the issue.

If label mapping isn't handled in PowerBI, you may need to update the integration mechanism between PowerApps and PowerBI to include new selections. Review how data is sent from PowerApps to PowerBI, and make sure that the new selections are included correctly. You can also take a look at the post below, I hope it will be helpful to you:
Solved: Can't see the display value of a choice column fro... - Microsoft Fabric Community

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Best Regards

Yongkang Hua

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yohua-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Sportily 

You can check if there are calculated columns in the PowerBI dataset that are responsible for converting option values to labels. This can be done using DAX expressions. Make sure your PowerBI dataset is up to date. If you don't refresh the dataset after adding a new option item in PowerApps, it might not reflect the latest changes. You can manually refresh the dataset in PowerBI to see if that resolves the issue.

If label mapping isn't handled in PowerBI, you may need to update the integration mechanism between PowerApps and PowerBI to include new selections. Review how data is sent from PowerApps to PowerBI, and make sure that the new selections are included correctly. You can also take a look at the post below, I hope it will be helpful to you:
Solved: Can't see the display value of a choice column fro... - Microsoft Fabric Community

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Best Regards

Yongkang Hua

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Oh thats it.

Brilliant.
THANK YOU so very much. It's being done with a DAX expression. Thank you for your help so very very much

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.