Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

jayjay1
Frequent Visitor

PowerBI Desktop cannot connect to Anaylsis Models

Hi, 

I was able to normally connect to SSAS directly from PowerBI Desktop until now. Today for some reason I received the following error message: 

Details: "AnalysisServices: Analysis Services does not support the 'en-IM' culture. A different culture can be specified using the Culture option of the AnalysisServices.Databases function."

I am based in the Isle of Man (hence the "en-IM culture") and after searching online was unable to find a solution but when I changed my Windows setting to English - United Kingdom instead of English - Isle of Man and hey presto I can connect to SSAS again! So thought I'd share this in case anyone else has the same issue in future. 

I did find this article which I thought might be useful potentially https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/changing-the-culture-of-a-power-bi-desktop-file/ but I didn't want to have to use a Template file every time I need to create a PBI Report. 

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@jayjay1,

Thanks for your sharing.

Regards,

Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Welcome Lydia 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.